Saturday, September 13, 2008

Simultaneously Cool and Gross

This morning I was laying on my belly. I've perfected a way to do this with two body pillows and and lots of weight being balanced on my thighs. Well, this morning, the belly just wouldn't cooperate so, I had to settle for laying on my side. I felt Bumble move so, I rubbed my belly and felt this very hard lump. I pressed in and the lump moved. I realized instantly this was Bumble, ewwwwwwww and wow! Wow, I can feel Bumble by just pressing into my belly, ewwwwwwwww, I can feel Bumble by just pressing into my belly. It is the coolest and grossest thing. Like, amazing, I can feel my baby's head and arm and butt but ewwwwww, there's like a miniature person living inside of me. It's lovely and Alien all at the same time.

I went back for a second ultrasound the other day because Bumble is a stubborn baby and doesn't like to move around much when being examined. Still throughout this ultrasound, Bumble refused to move much. She literally showed her ass to the sonographer the entire time (she was transverse, upside down with her butt facing us). We were able to see the heart, 4 nice healthy chambers, the liver, kidneys and bladder. We were able to see her face (cute fat cheeks) fingers, which by far are the cutest fingers on the cutest hand in the world and, I even saw her blow bubbles. She got frustrated after a while and in typical Bumble fashion, began kicking the sonographer's probe so, we took a break in the middle so that she and I could both relax.

Gratuitous Bumble pics:

Alien Bumble (that's actually her cute little face)




Cute profile (I think she has my nose)

No comments: