Sunday, September 28, 2008

13 Weeks to Go!

And they can not come soon enough. I feel like I've been pregnant FOREVER! I think the novelty of being pregnant has worn off and now, I just want our baby.

Things I LOVE about being pregnant:

Kicks and movement. This is by far the greatest feeling in the world, if she's not kicking me in the bladder. To feel a baby inside of you has to be one of the greatest sensations I have ever felt in my life. I can be in a horrible meeting bored out of my mind, she moves and I am so happy because I know she is okay, she is full of life and she is here!

Knowing that I am able to create a healthy baby. It is miraculous to know what the body is capable of. I am delighted to know that I am able to do what I am supposed to do. It makes me grateful for every day that she grows, every movement that she makes knowing that my body has been essential in her development.

The food. I eat food I would have NEVER thought about if I weren't pregnant. Things I haven't eaten in years or things I thought I didn't like. The downside of that: I will admit that Ihave on more than on ocassion eaten pork. Not sure what that's about. Hoping it will go away after Bumble is born.

Things I'm so so about:

The BELLY! On one hand, I LOVE my belly. It's round, it's big, it houses my baby. On the other hand, its big, it's round, it gets in my way. I can't bend over, I can't sleep on my stomach, my regular clothes don't fit, I can't reach essential places that are badly in need of being shaved and, I can't see my feet.

My boobs. My breasts have become these full, round things. Normally I would be happy for the added fullness but, these boobs aren't the boobies we've all come to know and love. My nipples are HUGE and BLACK and, I leak stuff. Kind of gross.


Things I don't like about being pregnant:

The hair growth. No one tells you about this. I won't go into detail but I have hair growing in places where women shouldn't grow hair yet, my legs don't grow much hair.

Bladder kicking. This seems to be a sport for Bumble. I can just read her thoughts: Hey, what's that? Mmmmm, let me kick it. That was fun. Let me jab it. Wow, let me use my little fingers and poke it. Hey, I can poke. Meanwhile, I'm literally going to the bathroom every 45 minutes or so and can barely make it there at night.

Maternity clothes. Polyester blends. Limited styles. No belts. No heels. Enough said.

The wait! Its been like a year already! When is this kid coming exactly?

So, 13 weeks to go. I can't wait.

No comments: