Wednesday, April 30, 2008

First Pics and Scary Stuff

Baby scared the junk out of me today. So, I had my first appointment with my midwife this morning. She's right in the neighborhood, not very far from my job. So, afterwards, I decide to take a nice walk back to my office, its a beautiful day and I'm feeling really well. I take a slow walk back, get to my office, have a yogurt, check my email, then decide to go to the bathroom before I start my "real" work. I get to the bathroom and I'm bleeding. Its thick and icky and I feel like I'm going to cry. I get up and walk back to my office, I know for sure I'm losing this baby and I'm terrified. I call Paul, let him know what's happening and we decide we should go to the hospital. I catch a cab to the hospital, he gets there like five minutes later and I'm more scared than scared. I'm terrified. My blood pressure is high, my heart is beating fast, my hands are shaking. We go back to the emergency room area a woman comes and takes my blood, they try to get me to pee but, I'm terrified so nothing is happening. We wit there, and sit there, and site there. We call my midwife who gives me the "50% of women miscarry, 50% of women go on to havve successful pregnancies speech" (who wants to hear that shit?). We call my OB who tells me to come in. We get to my OB's office and right away, I feel calmer. My heart slows down, we get an ultrasound and internal exam and everything seems okay. Here is our first picture of baby, at 5 weeks, just a little sac.


Perfectly shaped gestational sac.

"This looks like a good pregnancy" says Dr. Ahmadi.

No comments: